To avoid our house!
Now to answer the other question that I heard several times. Below is the inventory of the items that we made from our 120# of chicken. I have linked most to recipe that I used. A lot of these are total new to us so my plan is to come back and make a quick comment regarding how we liked it. Then the next time we try this I will have a starting place as to what to fix and what to replace. I am a little disappointed as I did not have enough chicken to complete 2 of the meals I wanted to try so next time these may replace what is don’t like.
- 14 packs of shredded chicken
- 4 chicken and broccoli casserole (my recipe) this is a favorite around here and can be serve immediately or freeze for a quick easy meal.
- Welcome school chicken pie– Awesome good, homemade…
- 4 Chicken Fried Rice
- 4 Chicken Cacciatore– I should have made only 2 of these but I hope they are good
- 2 Garlic Ranch Chicken– good grilled chicken. Worth repeating
- 2 Chicken Fajitas– I can’t figure out where I got this recipe I copied it to this page.
- 2 Creamy Chicken Italian-O not bad, smells great, taste average, may repeat.
- 2 Café Rio Chicken-yummy, it did not taste as good as it smelled but still worth repeating!
- 2 Pineapple Chicken– a lot of work for something that taste like Chicken
- 2 Garlic Lime Chicken– Matt’s favorite!
- 4 World’s Best Chicken– it taste like chicken, very moist but not anything I would say was worth the effort that went it to it!
- 4 packs of chicken strips that we will add a bottle of Italian dressing to and marinate for 3 day before grilling. Each bag should equal 2 meals.
This makes a total of 47 meals. My thought is that in reality this will be 50 meals or more including leftovers at least one night. I will add another post with the details of how long it took to actually prepare these meals and how I complete the task on a very busy Saturday for us.
Do you have an easy freezer chicken recipe to share?